Uveitis isn’t common and it’s not well known. However, stories of people living with uveitis are out there!
- Morris Twp. woman raising money to fight eye disease
- A Woman Fights to Save Her Sight from Uveitis > Stories at Yale Medicine
- Amy Dixon USA: Blind Athlete, Speaker and Patient Advocate
- OIUF’s My Experience with Uveitis: Various stories from patients
- Olivia’s Vision: Personal Stories
- ‘I was blind in one eye’: Black Swan star Mila Kunis reveals her secret health struggle
- Uveitis, a rare eye disease, can blind people if not caught early
Many larger clinics have in-person support groups. Online support groups can be helpful but can be a bit depressing in my experience, depending on the group. Advice from individuals in groups should never be taken in place of, or without consulting, your doctor.
Facebook Groups in addition to OUIF’s FB Groups:
- Uveitis the Eye inflammation group
- Uveitis worldwide awareness support for adults & parents with kids
Low Vision Resources
Living Well with Low Vision by Prevent Blindness.org
Resources for the visually impaired by Allaboutvision.com